Burner on the Miele electric cooktop is not workingBrand: Miele
The customer called us to report that a burner on their Miele electric cooktop is not working and requested that we identify the cause and fix the issue. Our technician conducted an on-site visit and, after thorough diagnostics, pinpointed the problem to be within one of the three control boards: the main logical board, relaboard, and dC power supply board. The technician determined that the control signal from the Logic Board was reaching the relay board correctly. The relay board, in turn, responded appropriately. However, there was no voltage reaching one of the burners from this board, and the cause was a faulty relay.
Repairing a Burner on the Miele Electric Cooktop That Is Not Working
The standard repair option for this issue would have been to replace the entire relay board. However, for this particular cooktop model, the required part was expensive. The technician proposed a cost-effective solution: purchasing the necessary relay and soldering it onto the relay board. The customer agreed, and we ordered a set of five identical relays. After the delivery, the technician returned, soldered the required relay onto the Control Board, and the cooktop began functioning correctly.
Approximately a year later, the same customer contacted us again with another non-working burner issue, but a different one this time. During the diagnostics, the technician discovered the same problem with a different relay. Since we had bought a set of five relays, the necessary replacement was readily available. The technician soldered the new relay during the same visit, and the cooktop was operational once again. Our customer was highly satisfied with our service.
If you find yourself facing a malfunction in your valuable appliance and fear that the repair might be expensive, it’s not always the case. Instances like these demonstrate that some appliances can be fixed quickly and affordably. Give us a call, and we’ll repair any cooktop with a warranty on both parts and labor.
The repair was done in Gulfport, FL