The KitchenAid range is not turning on, and there is a smell of burnt wiringBrand: KitchenAid
The customer contacted us and reported that their KitchenAid range is not turning on. They also mentioned smelling burnt wiring while cooking. After some time, the range stopped working. We dispatched a technician to find the issue. The technician’s first step was to inspect the cord, and he found the problem. The issue stemmed from a poorly tightened connection at the terminal block, causing one of the wires to overheat. This happened gradually, generating a significant amount of heat, melting plastic, and damaging the wire insulation, which the customer could smell.
Repairing the KitchenAid range that is not turning
Fortunately, the technician had a new cord and terminal block on hand, and he repaired the range without significant difficulties. This connection is located within a metal box to prevent fires. However, if you ever detect a burning wire smell, it’s crucial to immediately turn off the range’s circuit breaker and contact us for assistance!
The repair was done in Land O Lakes, FL